Recent News Links:
DOWNTOWN FLAGLER STREET BEAUTIFICATION PROJECT May 3, 2021 Construction will start on Sections A & B, from Biscayne Blvd. to NE 2nd Avenue. Project will start on Biscayne Blvd. Eastside of Flagler Street and continue Westbound to NW 1st Avenue. Sections A & B will take approximately 9 months to complete.
1. VMS signs were installed by Lanzo Construction on Friday April 22, 2021, message says “May 3 expect closures, Flagler St construction begins.”
2. Miami Parking Authority will be placing their “NO PARKING SIGNS” from NE 2nd Avenue to Biscayne Blvd on Flagler St, this Saturday night May 1, 2021.
3. The start of full mobilization, installation of MOT and Construction Fence around work area- will start on May 3, 2021. Miami Parking Authority will also be removing their signs and pay stations.
4. Palm Trees removal and relocation- 1st Week of May. Approximately one week. Trees will be replanted in Bayfront Park.
5. Start of Road Demolition- Monday, May 10, 2021. Drainage installation.
6. Complete Street Closures- beginning May 3, 2021 in the areas of: • Biscayne Blvd to NE 2nd Avenue along the Flagler Street corridor • Ne 3rd Avenue from NE 1st Street to Flagler Street • SE 3rd Avenue from SE 1st Street to Flagler Street
To all our Downtowners: construction is going to begin on the Downtown Flagler Beautification Project next Monday (5/3/21). Although the streets will be closed to vehicular traffic, all access to all businesses will remain open. We will continue to support all our businesses during construction, and we are asking all Downtowners to continue to patronize all our businesses to get through this together.
Downtown Flagler Street Beautification Project, Public Information Office located at 166 E Flagler Street.
For more information contact